Monday 8 September 2014

Mediterranean Falafels

These may not be perfect just yet! But I did a thing and it was delicious. And I've decided that making things from scratch yourself is way more fun anyway, and so rewarding!

And I love falafels and hummus and this was a fun experiment that kind of worked out well and I am proud of myself. I will make them again until I'm 100% happy with them but yay falafel!


Served here with paprika sweet potato chunks, hummus, olives and vegies. Oh and a mango banana baobab smoothie of course! 

Ingredients: 
2 cans of chickpeas, drained 
2 tbsp of lemon juice 
2 tbsp of garlic paste 
1/2 cup of parsley 
1/4 cup coriander (or other herb if you want to swap it up) 
1 tbsp of paprika 
1 tbsp of sumac (or any spice you want to use)

Method: 
Put all ingredients in a food processor and blend until a fine crumb has formed. Roll falafels into balls individually in your palm, and then place on a lightly greased oven tray and bake until crisp, and then flip to other side. Remove when cooked through on both sides. Alternatively, heat a frying pan with oil of choice and fry falafels in the pan. 

I also made my own hummus and served it in a big bowl of goodness and it was delicious. If you make, I hope you enjoy! 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds great! I also love making things from scratch! But I only don't have a food processor, haha, once I have one, I'll def try this out! :)

    Saska || Work that Health

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am making these as part of my tea this very second. They're in the oven. Thank you for the recipe xxx

    ReplyDelete