Tuesday 23 September 2014

Bliss Ball (or Bounty) pancakes

Oh holy bliss. Get it? Bl- never mind haha. I'm being a loser. However, these pancakes were a winner. Well, in my eyes anyway. In yours? Who knows (probably yes because let's be real coconut and chocolate is the perfect mix) but try 'em for yourself and see :) oh and if you do, tag me on instagram or send me a comment here or just tell me! Tell the world! Celebrate the great things in life.

Ingredients: 
Approximately 1/4 (or a little more) of buckwheat flour, and approximately 1/4 (or a little less) of brown rice flour (can use just 1/2 cup buckwheat instead if you like) 
2 flax eggs (2 tbsp ground flax and 6 tbsp water) 
1 banana, extra ripe, mashed 
1 tbsp maca powder (I use this one, this is optional but highly recommended for extra nutrition from your pancakes) 
1 tsp baking powder 
1/2 cup milk of choice (I used almond-coconut milk) 
Sweetener of choice (I found it needed it due to the cacao, so I used maybe about a tablespoon of agave syrup) 
2 tbsp raw cacao powder (I used loving earth, you could use a mixture of cacao and carob if you don't want sweetener perhaps!) 
2 tbsp of desiccated coconut (I used maybe a touch more but it's up to you how much or little you like) 

Method: 
If you haven't made your flax eggs over night, do that first by mixing the water and the flax together and placing in the fridge. Meanwhile, mash your banana and set it aside. In a bowl, combine all the dry ingredients (flour, maca, cacao powder, coconut) and mix. Then, add the wet ingredients (flax eggs, banana, milk of choice, sweetener of choice if using) until all well combined. 

Heat a non-stick pan with a little oil of choice (I love using coconut oil for my cooking) and then cook the pancakes one by one, using a few tablespoons of batter per pancake until all cooked. Remember to flip when the pancakes are showing bubbles on the first side, and the underneath and outsides are cooked well. 

Stack em up, topping em up and eat em up! I personally added for this first run coconut yoghurt and coconut peanut butter (keeping within the theme), banana, strawberries, blend co superfood sprinkle and some rose petals. Ooft. 

No comments:

Post a Comment