Saturday 30 August 2014

Vanilla maca quinoa porridge

Simple is sometimes best. Especially if you're not feeling well, or indecisive about your toppings (I was a bit of both on this particular morning). I love porridge because it's quicker than you think to make, it's really versatile, and it's super filling and nourishing… and on mornings when I can't feel my fingers, it goes down super well! (So cold on those winter mornings, as much as I would love a big bowl of nana ice cream sometimes it just ain't going to happen)

Porridge is made out to be so not delicious, which is a shame, because with the right kind of attitude, it can be  the most delicious of them all!



Ingredients: 
2/3 cup quinoa flakes 
2/3 cup of almond milk (plus more, for as you go) 
Maca powder (I use this one
Vanilla extract, a couple of drops 
1 ripe banana, mashed 
Toppings of choice (go hard or go home I always say) 

Method: 

Add your flakes and milk to a saucepan, bring to the boil and then down to a simmer. After a few minutes of stirring and combining and cooking, add the mashed banana and shortly after, the maca and the vanilla extract. Combine and cook for a couple of minutes more, adding more milk if you need (I usually do) and then pour it all into a bowl with some delectable toppings and enjoy like only you know how! 

I topped mine with a big dollop (plus more after the picture) of Mayver's coconut peanut butter, slivered almonds, cacao nibs, dessicated coconut and lots of delicious fruit (banana, blueberries, strawberries) 

Yum yum in the tum! 

No comments:

Post a Comment