Saturday 30 August 2014

Quinoa stuffed baked sweet potato

Oh my sweet hallelujah, I created the mega lunch to end all lunches. Seriously, I can't stress enough how delicious this was. So so so easy too. And so wholesome. Kept me full for hours, this will be a new staple in my life for sure. Versatile too (this is just one way you can fill a baked potato!)


Ingredients: 
1 sweet potato/ normal potato (if you like), with a small cross incision in the top 
Lemon juice 
As much quinoa as you like (I didn't measure it but I got leftovers from it which is good!) 
Whatever vegetables you want to use (for the stir fry part I used cherry tomatoes, capsicum, zucchini, carrot and a little spinach, and then for the quinoa part I used spinach and mushrooms) 
Tahini, hulled or unhulled (I used Mayver's food) 
Olives, or any other toppings you would like (it's optional) 
Oil of choice, for cooking 

Method: 

I put the sweet potato on a piece of baking paper in the oven, and put it on 180 degrees celcius. Check as it's cooking, but it should take around 20 or so minutes (depending on the size/ length of your potato) 

Meanwhile, in a pot, add your quinoa and some cold water to the stove and bring it to the boil, and then to a simmer with the lid on, stirring occasionally. 

Put some coconut oil in a hot pan (or whatever oil you're using) and when it has melted, add your vegetables (except the tomatoes and the spinach) and saute until almost fully cooked, and then add your tomatoes. Keep them cooking for a minute or so more, until the tomatoes have started to blister, and then add the spinach. Remove from the stove and place at the bottom of the bowl, except for the spinach and the mushrooms. 

When the quinoa is fully cooked, drain it and add lemon juice and the vegetables you're tossing through and stir to combine. Then, when the potato is ready, remove it from the oven and split it open in the bowl, and spoon your quinoa mixture on top of the potato. 

In a small bowl or ramekin, add tahini, lemon juice and a little bit of water and combine (adding more or less of ingredients if required to perfect consistency) until a runny dressing consistency. Then, add it to the dish. 

And eat it all up and smile at how delicious it is :) (well, I did anyway) 

I also had it with an Organic Burst acai maqui banana coconut water smoothie topped with chocolate Loving Earth buckinis and JT's coconut essence coconut chips, and of course a block of Pana Chocolate because lunch dessert is absolutely a thing. 





No comments:

Post a Comment