Saturday 30 August 2014

Peanut Butter Cup Pancakes

Holy moley guacamole! These pancakes may be the most sickeningly delicious things I have ever eaten in my life. I am actually dead (in the good way). Peanut butter galore, pancakes galore, chocolate galore, coconut galore, fruit galore, delicious fudgy bites of Square Bar (they are so good by the way, read my review on them and how you can get them yourself because they are actually the best bar I think I've ever eaten). There is nothing wrong with this meal… Except my presentation and cooking skills haha! Not so beautiful, except for in regards to the taste. And that's what counts right? Maybe I'll nail it someday.



Ingredients: 
1/4 cup buckwheat flour and 1/4 cup brown rice flour (you could probably do all buckwheat flour) 
1/2 cup almond milk 
1 ripe banana, mashed 
1 tsp baking powder/ soda 
1 tsp vanilla extract or real vanilla (optional, but recommended) 
2 flax eggs (2 tbsp of flaxseed meal and 6 tbsp of water), at least left in the fridge for half an hour but the longer the better
Coconut oil, for cooking 

1-2 (or as much as you want, like me) cacao or carob powder 
Maca powder (optional, but recommended) I use this one
Approximately 2 tablespoons of peanut butter (I used Mayver's food coconut PB) 

Recipe:  

Make the pancake batter in a big bowl first! Have your flax eggs in the fridge and your banana mashed and ready. Combine the flours, baking powder and maca powder to the bowl and combine. Next, add your wet ingredients (almond milk, banana, vanilla extract, flax eggs) and combine to make the mixture nice and smooth. Then, place approximately half the batter into a smaller bowl. Add the peanut butter to this half, and stir to combine. And to the other half, add the cacao or carob powder and the maca powder and combine until all mixed together. 

Grease a pre-heated pan with coconut oil, and add a few spoonfuls of the cacao mixture to the pan. Then, in the centre of the not yet cooked pancake, add a spoonful or two of the peanut butter mixture. Allow to cook on the first side, and then flip to the other side and cook, then remove from the pan. Repeat procedure with the rest of the batter until all cooked :) 

I topped mine with a cacao peanut butter sauce, banana, blend co, and served with chopped up pieces of Square bars cocoa crunch bar and strawberries… oh gosh, I can't even begin to explain. Heaven is a place on earth with you (this stack) 

Sundays are for stacking, and if I'm going to stack, I'm going to do it right ;) 


No comments:

Post a Comment